Another opportunity to connect in-person with local creative business owners.
The August 7th workshop at Brazier Coffee Roasters, Tonedale Mills in Wellington was great fun. A new date will be announced shortly.
Participants took so many great shots – the Mills are an endless source of inspiration.
Here are a few images of my own.
Attendees learn about the latest Instagram features and get insights into small businesses who are using Instagram well. Time will also be spent shooting and editing with two brilliant photo editing apps. In addition, attendees will get tips on and planning scheduling.
No level of expertise necessary, beginners welcome.
To receive information about the date of this next workshop, add your contact info, or click the button below for more details about the session.
"This is a fantastic opportunity to work on your creative business alongside your peers. We're looking forward to offering more workshops like these to our creative community."
The Old Brick Workshop
Learn how to build a 3 - 5 page website using Squarespace.
You’ll be able to make changes and additions to your site after the workshop and before it goes live on the Internet – no deadline pressure.
Who is this class for?
- Artists and small business owners
- Anyone who feels their existing website doesn’t accurately represent their work
- Business owners who don’t currently have the budget to hire a web designer
- People who want to build their own website but would like a little guidance
You will learn how to:
- Choose and connect your domain name (the name of your website)
- Plan and organise your website
- Add a logo or choose a typeface in place of a logo
- Add pages, move and delete pages (you can have up to 20)
- Style your website and make colour and font changes
- Help visitors move through and “Navigate” your website
- Import and adjust text and photos
- Prepare images for website use
- Display images in a variety of ways
- Connect your social media accounts
In addition, Joanie will share design and marketing tips to help you decide what
to include in your site and what to leave out.
This course is for anyone who has basic computer knowledge. You'll need to know how to access files on your computer and upload images. If you know how to attach files to an email message, you know how to “upload”.
Click GIVE ME DETAILS to receive more information about what the workshop includes, what you should bring (mainly a laptop), and the many reasons why Joanie recommends Squarespace.
Book the workshop by March 16th to receive £10 off.
Workshop Fee £160*
*Website hosting and domain name registration fees are not included. Attendees receive 20% off their first Squarespace website annual plan payment.
Is Instagram Right for Your Business?
Castle Hotel, Taunton, January 25, 2017 at 8.00 am
Join me for a discussion about Instagram as a marketing tool for business. We'll look at how Instagram isn't just a photo sharing platform any more and discuss businesses that are using it well in both product driven and service based industries.
Tickets can be purchased through the Castle Hotel.