Learn how to build a 3 - 5 page website using Squarespace.
You’ll be able to make changes and additions to your site after the workshop and before it goes live on the Internet – no deadline pressure.
Who is this class for?
- Artists and small business owners
- Anyone who feels their existing website doesn’t accurately represent their work
- Business owners who don’t currently have the budget to hire a web designer
- People who want to build their own website but would like a little guidance
You will learn how to:
- Choose and connect your domain name (the name of your website)
- Plan and organise your website
- Add a logo or choose a typeface in place of a logo
- Add pages, move and delete pages (you can have up to 20)
- Style your website and make colour and font changes
- Help visitors move through and “Navigate” your website
- Import and adjust text and photos
- Prepare images for website use
- Display images in a variety of ways
- Connect your social media accounts
In addition, Joanie will share design and marketing tips to help you decide what
to include in your site and what to leave out.
This course is for anyone who has basic computer knowledge. You'll need to know how to access files on your computer and upload images. If you know how to attach files to an email message, you know how to “upload”.
Click GIVE ME DETAILS to receive more information about what the workshop includes, what you should bring (mainly a laptop), and the many reasons why Joanie recommends Squarespace.
Book the workshop by March 16th to receive £10 off.
Workshop Fee £160*
*Website hosting and domain name registration fees are not included. Attendees receive 20% off their first Squarespace website annual plan payment.
Is Instagram Right for Your Business?
Castle Hotel, Taunton, January 25, 2017 at 8.00 am
Join me for a discussion about Instagram as a marketing tool for business. We'll look at how Instagram isn't just a photo sharing platform any more and discuss businesses that are using it well in both product driven and service based industries.
Tickets can be purchased through the Castle Hotel.
How attendee, Deborah Burke, of Clayhill Arts described her workshop experience:
It really helped having a designated space in which to think about and spend time on writing for my new business. Through the character blueprint exercise I realised what it was that my business is in fact all about.
This has given me, along with the other tips and discussions we had throughout the day, the confidence in how I want to approach the writing needed for my website, biography and social media channels.
I was really impressed by the additional content delivered in the form of suggested books, essays, links and articles too.
A thoroughly enjoyable day and great food, fantastic value for money.
Thank you Joanie
The Writing Habit
Good communication is a key to success on many levels. From reaching out to collaborators to promoting your products.
This workshop is organised for groups up to eight people and held at Tracebridge, in the Paradise Room.
Spring 2017 date TBA
Some of What You Will Learn
- How improving your writing skills can open multiple channels for business growth
- The importance of creating a daily writing habit, how to get started and how to keep at it
- Copywriting skills that will take your writing from amateur to purposeful communicator
- Effective tips on writing for the web and social media
- How to approach print magazines for promotional purposes
- How to start using what you learn straightaway
This workshop includes the completion of one writing project to put what you learn into practice.
During the workshop, you'll create the outline for one piece of writing to take away with you. When complete, you'll then submit your writing for editing suggestions and revisions, finishing with a piece ready for use. Example writing pieces might be: an "About" page for your website, a biography, business mission statement, magazine article, or a blog post.
The group is kept to a small number to ensure maximum value for each participant.
£70 [Max 8 participants]
Presented by Joanie Gorman with guest presenter, Country Living writer, Charlotte Dear.